Learn more about the creation and mission behind JoyVIVA Health & Wellness
JoyVIVA founder, Angie Buonassisi and Product Manager, Deigh-Anna Edmondson discuss the humble beginnings of Canadian e-commerce, JoyVIVA Health and Wellness as well as how and why they choose the brands that they do.
Angie has always been an athlete, as well as an avid cyclist, in addition to the many other hats she wears such as wife, mother, business owner (just to name a few). She has learned over the years that in order to balance and continue to be successful in all of her life’s roles, her nutrition and the things she is putting into her body play a huge part. JoyVIVA was created as a result of her mission to find products that were going to help her to become stronger, faster, better to perform in her sport as well as aid in her recovery so she can be back at it with little to no downtime.
How we select our brands
In a world with literally thousands of options it can be hard as a consumer to know where to begin when choosing a brand or product. At JoyVIVA, we are very careful in selecting and testing the brands we choose to retail because they are also the brands we ourselves use on a regular basis. We choose only the best, high quality, high performance brands in every category that deliver real results.
We are constantly on the hunt for the next latest and greatest products, and are always adding new and exciting brands to our collection.
Here is just a small sampling of some of the brands we love and retail at JoyVIVA:
- Sugoi harnesses the latest technology within every garment they create. Intelligent fabrics, award-winning design, fit, and construction. Since 1987, Sugoi has focused on quality, comfort, design, and durability to create purpose-built apparel for cycling, training and triathlon.
- Pearl Izumi, founded in 1950, has been crafting cycling shorts, jerseys, outerwear
, essentials and footwear for athletes on two wheels for over 65 years.
- Sombrio has been leading the Freeride Mountain Bike industry with top quality apparel & accessories for over 15 years. Inspired by a world that rides bikes, they are creators of innovative elements to live and breathe the two-wheel culture.
- EVOC is the maker of arguably the world’s best travel bike bags, hydration packs and backpacks. Designed with ultimate comfort and functionality in mind, these bags help to make your journey seamless.
- Image Skincare is a natural, botanical based line that is gentle yet extremely effective in delivering healthy skin and medical grade results.
- ZO Skin Health provides comprehensive skincare programs for physicians and their patients utilizing cutting-edge science and Dr. Zein Obagi’s extensive clinical experience creating treatments and regimens for healthy skin
- Ryders Eyewear provides cyclists of all stripes with high quality, performance-oriented eyewear that they wouldn’t hesitate to use, especially in the most destructive conditions.
- Garmin is a GPS navigation company. They make products that are engineered on the inside for life on the outside. They do this, so their customers can make the most of the time they spend pursuing their passions.
- S’ip by S’well is a playfully designed water bottle with charm & whimsy. Perfect for when you want to let your fun personality shine through. Whether it’s ice-cold water, fresh juice, or a steaming cup of hot cocoa, S’ip will keep your beverages hot or cold all day long.
- Metagenics Nutrition– Helping people live happier, healthier lives by realizing their genetic potential. It was founded in 1983 on a brave new scientific concept: how the right nutrition could help people realize their best health possible by influencing what makes them unique—their genes.
- Bulletproof ’s supplements, foods, and technologies are the purest you can get anywhere, and you can expect to feel a difference in how you perform the first time you experience them.
- AG Haircare manufactures high-quality hair products made without salt, papa, parabens, DEA or gluten, and they don’t test on animals. AG prides itself on their meticulous selection of natural ingredients, ensuring they are gentle on hair but that they also deliver results
- Pukka Tea is an organic assortment of teas to lift you, soothe you, and refresh you. Created with the highest-quality organic herbs, rich in natural oils, carefully and ethically sourced from over 50 countries from across the world.
- Amazing Grass greens are USDA organic, Non GMO, kosher pareve, vegan and gluten free. Containing a plethora of vitamins, minerals, plant based protein and phyto-chemicals, leafy greens assist the body in maintaining healthy organ function, detoxification and immunity.
- Ener-C is a delicious effervescent multivitamin drink featuring 1,000 mg of Vitamin C with mineral ascorbates. It is the caffeine-free low sugar replacement for sport drinks, energy drinks and other caffeinated beverages. It provides immune and thyroid support, B vitamins, electrolytes, antioxidants and so much more!
- Precision Hydration: We are the sweat experts. Leaders in athlete and team sweat testing and the science of sports hydration. Our multi-strength electrolytes match how you sweat.
- Manitoba Harvest is the world’s largest hemp food manufacturer to grow, make and sell their own line of hemp foods. Hemp foods are rich in protein and have all 10 essential amino acids. They also contain omega-3, omega-6, stearidonic acid (SDA), and the rare omega-6 Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA).