Organic Traditions Spirulina Powder
Purchase this product now and earn 28 points!$27.60
Organic Traditions Spirulina Powder -Spirulina is a spiral shaped green microalgae. One of the most nourishing superfoods known, it contains a host of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Organic Traditions Spirulina Powder
Organic Traditions Spirulina Powder -Spirulina is a spiral shaped green microalgae. One of the most nourishing superfoods known, it contains a host of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. As a source of high quality, easily digested vegetarian protein, Spirulina offers all essential amino acids along with a unique fatty acid known as GLA or Gamma linolenic acid, an anti-inflammatory compound found in mother’s milk. Its vibrant green color is due to the concentration of chlorophyll and the antioxidant phycocyanin. It has been traditionally used to promote alkalinity and detoxification. Spirulina is essential for female athletes, and can be easily added to a smoothie to boost the nutritional content and speed up recovery time.
Organic Traditions offers the cleanest, safest, third party tested Certified Organic Spirulina in the industry. Each batch undergoes rigorous testing in order to ensure that our Spirulina is free of heavy metals, pesticides and other contaminants. Spirulina that is grown in uncontrolled, natural environments is difficult to regulate in terms of microorganism growth and contaminants. Spirulina easily absorbs chemicals and other toxins from the environment and so it is important to choose a reliable source. Organic Traditions Spirulina is cultivated in a pristine, controlled environment, using water that is rich in naturally occurring nutrients and minerals to ensure optimal quality and nutritional value. Unlike Chlorella, Spriulina’s soft cell wall is highly digestible and the nutrients are easy to absorb and so no cell wall breakage is required. Organic Traditions Spirulina contains no fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilizers or excipients.
- 3900% more beta carotene than carrots
- 2300% more iron than spinach
- Exceptionally high protein content, contains 375% more protein than tofu
Very high mineral concentration including iron, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, selenium, and iodine.
- ~ more iron than beef
- ~ more potassium than bananas
- ~ 300% more calcium than whole milk
- Great source of essential fatty aciuds
Exceptional source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA)
- ~ Spirulina is the second richest source of GLA after breast milk
- ~ GLA has been proven effective in the treatment of autoimmune disorders, arthritis, eczema and PMS.
- Contains a multitude of other vitamins and minerals, including but not limited to: Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B8, B9, C, D, E and K.
All 8 essential amino acids that the body does not synthesize
- ~ isoleucine – required for optimal growth
- ~ leucine – stimulates brain function
- ~ lysine – needed for producing antibodies, enzymes and hormones
- ~ methionine – antioxidant properties
- ~ phenylalanine – required for thyroid function
- ~ threonine – improves intestinal and digestive function
- ~ tryptophane – regulates serotonin
- ~ valine – stimulates mental and physical capacity
- High in provitamin A (beta-carotene), 1 gram of Spirulina covers the daily requirement for a normal adult
- Excellent source of zinc, helps to boost immune systems
- Spirulina is the only plant source of Glycogen which is a bioaccessible glucose utilized to deliver immediate and long term energy.
- Protects Heart & Brain from Oxidative Stress
- Promotes a Healthy Inflammatory Response
- Spirulina contains a powerful range of potent antioxidants making it one of the most effective antioxidant food sources.
- More than 60% Easy-to-Digest Vegetable Protein
- Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Non-GMO, Raw
- The cleanest Spirulina in the industry backed by laboratory testing
- Cultivated in a pristine, controlled environment
- Contains a host of Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants and easily digested protein
- No added flavors, fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilizers or excipients
Add Organic Traditions Spirulina powder to plain water, coconut water, juice, smoothies, yogurt or on top of berries. Make delicious and nourishing raw food desserts, power snacks and truffles. Add Organic Traditions Spirulina powder to your favorite smoothie recipe to create a nourishing, antioxidant-rich smoothie. For some Spirulina can be detoxifying and so start slowly
Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
Produced in a nut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free facility.