6 Superfoods to Recover from Halloween Candy Horror
Strategies to come clean after candy
Don’t stop eating
If you suddenly decide to cut calories after a day or two of candy binging your body will think there is a need to go into survival mode and will hold onto all the calories it can. Choose low-calorie, high fiber foods like kale and other leafy greens or add a fibre supplement like Nutracleanse.
Try Milk Thistle
Milk Thistle acts as a potent liver protectant. It helps improve liver function and promotes detoxifying activity throughout the body. Helping care for your liver will help it perform its over 500 functions to keep your entire body running at its best. A little care can help it beat all the processed goodies of the season.
Consider sugar regulating supplementsBoost your bodies ability to beat sugary processed foods by following up with some supplements that help it process sugar, like:
- Cinnamon - Research has shown that a ½ tsp a day of cinnamon supports healthy glucose metabolism and blood sugar levels. In fact, USDA scientists have identified unique compounds in cinnamon bark that increase in vitro sugar metabolism 20 times.
- Chromium: Chromium helps the body regulate and reduce blood sugar levels. Studies show it can help prevent type 2 diabetes too!
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA): This anti-oxidant supplement can help you boost insulin sensitivity and deal with sugar. It can be found in spinach, broccoli and flax but supplements doses are more dense to better target recovery.
Hit back with greens
There are a number of fantastic products that are made from dense greens. When you can tackle several servings of greens with one scoop of a supplement you are well on your way to fighting back from Halloween candy horrors and helping your liver beat sugar. Vegan Pure Keto Greens
is packed full of micronutrients, antioxidants and good fats that work to protect cells and help with the building and repair of body tissues.. Similarly Garden of Life's Raw Organic Protein & Greens is loaded with chlorophyll and trace minerals for energy and support of already healthy blood sugar levels.
Your body sometimes knows what it needs - if you have woken up craving eggs after a night of drinking or indulging in sweets your body is yearning for liver detoxifying nutrient sulfur. Sulfur is a naturally occurring compound found in protein-rich foods and certain vegetables. It is one of the main components of detoxification in the body. You can find it in runny egg yolks, brussel sprouts, cabbage and many other foods.
Think acid - vinegar or lemon
Just like cleaning your house - lemon and vinegar are great cleansers for the body. Lemon has antioxidants, can help stimulate bowel movements, and help clear your urinary tract. Simply add a splash of lemon to your water. Research shows that vinegar can help counteract sugar and other carbs. It seems to level out the glucose spikes that can occur after a meal. Adding an apple cider vinegar can also bring other enzyme benefits and good bacteria. It can also be found in capsule form.
There is always next yearIf Halloween didn’t go well for you this year consider these tips for the next:
- Buy late - don’t have candy sitting around the house for weeks leading up to Oct. 31.
- Be generous - as the evening goes on don’t hold back - give all the candy away.
- Choose wisely - buy candy you don’t like, then you won’t be tempted to snack.